Hello students! Welcome to DILR Concept 1
Concept name: Entry matching
Concept explanation: In such questions, we apply constraints point by point to form a matrix. Rules of selection and are applied condition by condition to fill up entries in the matrix.
Sample set: Read the information given below and answer the questions that follows:
A, B, C, D and E are five cities of which three are Agricultural cities, two are Theatre cities, one Tourist place and three cities have Lake. Here is some additional information:
- Tourist place has Lake but not Theatre.
- The Agricultural cities with Lake do not have Theatre.
- Two Agricultural cities have Lake & C and D are not Agricultural cities.
- D is not a Theatre city. No Theatre city has Lake and B is a Theatre city.
- None of the Agricultural cities is a Tourist place.
- D is a Tourist place and E has Lake.
- Which two cities have Theatre? a. B and D b. D and C c. D and E d. A and C e. None of these
2. Which Agricultural city does not have Lake? a. a. A B c c. C d. D e. E
Table structure: general conditions of total filled.
Table filling: Point 6 and point 1
Table filling: Point 3,5 and 2
Table filling: Point 4 and 3,2 again
Q1. B and C – e. None of these
Q2. B – b
Level of difficulty: Easy
Hope you understood applying constraints and matching entries in a table.
Quora profile: https://www.quora.com/profile/Rahul-Anand-51