Hello students, try solving these questions. The questions might seem easy but accuracy is the differentiating factor in such questions. These questions will check your command on Vocabulary.
In the following questions there are five sentences. Each sentence has pairs of words/phrases that are italicized and highlighted. From the italicized and highlighted word(s)/ phrase(s), select the most appropriate word(s)/ phrase(s) to form correct sentences. Then from the options given, choose the best one.
- The further[A]/farther[B] he pushed himself, the more disillusioned he grew.
- For the crowd it was more of a historical[A]/historic[B] event, for their leader it was just another day.
- The old has a healthy distrust[A]/mistrust[B] for all new technology.
- The film is based on a worthy[A]/true[B]
- She coughed discreetly[A]/discretely[B] to announce her presence.
- Regrettably[A]/ Regretfully[B] I have to decline your invitation.
- The critics censored[A]/ censured[B] the new movie because of its social unacceptability.
- He was besides[A]/ beside[B] himself with range when I told him what I had done.
- Anita has beautiful broach[A]/ brooch[B] on the lapel of her jacket.
- He has the same capacity as an adult to consent[A]/ assent[B] to surgical treatment.
- The prisoner’s interment[A]/ internment[B] came to an end with his early release.
- She managed to bite back the ironic[A]/ caustic[B] retort on tip of her tongue.
- Jeans that flair[A]/ flare[B] at the bottom are in fashion these days.
- They heard the bells peeling[A]/ pealing[B] far and wide.
- The students baited[A]/ bated[B] the instructor with irrelevant questions.
Academic Research Associate, BFactory