1. Registration Start from 10 am on 5th August 2020
2. Registration ends at 5 pm on 2
3. CAT Admit Card Download date: 28th October 2020
4. CAT Exam date: 29th November 2020
There are no major changes announced in CAT 2020 notification released today. The exam will be conducted across 156 test cities across 2 sessions on 29th November 2020. The exam pattern will remain the same as previous years with 60 minutes each for 3 sections in the following order:
1. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
2. Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
3. Quantitative Ability
COVID-19 and Possible Disruption
There was a special mention of possible disruption because of COVID 19 crisis.
“COVID-19 and Possible Disruptions: CAT 2020 process is to be conducted taking into account the COVID-19 crisis. The information provided by the CAT website is contingent upon the decisions and directions issued from time to time by the Central & State governments and IIMs. Candidates are advised to regularly check the CAT website for further information.”
For details, watch the video.
Other Important Points
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple-choice type. Instead, direct answers will have to be typed on the screen. The tutorials will clearly explain this. Also, we will allow use of a basic on- screen calculator for computation.
- Tutorials to understand the format of the test will be available on the CAT website from October 16, 2020. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials available on the CAT website well in advance.
- The CAT website contains a section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that addresses some of the commonly asked queries regarding CAT 2020. Candidates may also contact the CAT helpdesk over email or phone.
CAT 2020 Registration Website: https://iimcat.ac.in/