CAT 2020 Analysis by Bfactory
I will discuss the pluses and minuses. I will talk about the predictions. But let’s come to it later.
Let me start with 4 things which surprised many CAT aspirants in the exam hall.
- 66.66% time compared to last year, but 76% questions. It meant less time per question.
- Length of the passages in verbal section were large despite reduce in per question time.
- Slightly lengthier and lesser proportion of Arithmetic Questions.
- More than expected easy to solve LR sets.
Let’s now talk about 4 things which were just as expected.
- Mix of contemporary and old school passages in VRC: 1 difficult read, 3 easier ones.
- Reasoning based DI LR section – less on calculations, more on arrangements and structuring.
- Questions on log and quadratic equation. We always tell at Bfactory that these topics are gaining importance over Number System etc.
- Overall level of the paper: +- in sections, but overall as expected.
|VA||RC||4 RCs. History, Literature, Science, Philosophy etc. based. Passage reading relatively easy.1 difficult passage. 3 easy to read. But lengthy Questions: slightly tricky.|
|VR||8 questions. Para Jumbles, Odd one Out, Para Summary – lengthy, easy to moderate.|
|DILR||DILR||5 sets || LR based overall – moderate. Arrangements, Matrix formation, Numeric Logic, Set Theory, Arithmetic based sets|
|QA||ARITHMETIC||Little less compared to last years. 7-8 questions. Bit lengthy. Moderate|
|ALGEBRA||Little more compared to last years. 6-7 questions || Quadartic, Log, Indices. Easy to moderate|
|GEOMETRY||3-5 questions. Similar in representation. Slightly lengthy. Geo and Mensuration|
|HIGHER MATHS||3-4 questions from Permutation Combination, Functions, Graphs.|
Based on first hand CAT experience of our faculty team, students and level of difficulty reviews taken in consideration, this is our prediction for CAT 2020. #PercentileVScore
We have been highly accurate over the years in this prediction analytics. We expect minimal fluctuation in these numbers(+-3–4%).
Catch this Analysis talk: