The topic for the day is “Arrangement” and currently lots of questions have been asked from this topic in CAT.Today we have picked up a set from CAT 2006 for practice.
DIRECTIONS: Answer the questions on the basis of following information.
Four families decided to attend the marriage ceremony of one of their colleagues. One family has no kids, while the others have at least one kid each. Each family with kids has at least one kid attending the marriage. Given below is some information about the families, and who reached when to attend the marriage.
- The family with 2 kids came just before the family with no kids.
- Shanthi who does not have any kids reached just before Sridevi’s family.
- Sunil and his wife reached last with their only kid.
- Anil is not the husband of Joya.
- Anil and Raj are fathers.
- Sridevi’s and Anita’s daughters go to the same school.
- Joya came before Shanthi and met Anita when she reached the venue.
- Raman stays the farthest from the venue.
- Raj said his son could not come because of his exams.
1.Which woman arrived third?
2.Name the correct pair of husband and wife.
(1)Raj and Shanthi
(2)Sunil and Sridevi
(3)Anil and Sridevi
(4)Raj and Anita
3.Of the following pairs, whose daughters go to the same school?
(1)Anil and Raman
(2)Sunil and Raman
(3)Sunil and Anil
(4)Raj and Anil
4.Whose family is known to have more than one kid for certain?
Let’s organize the information given in a tabular form. Using first two statements, we have,
Anil, Raj and Sunil have kids.
Raman is the husband of Shanthi.
∵ Joya came before Shanthi and met Anita on the Venue.
Anita reached the venue first, Joya reached second, Shanthi reached third and Sridevi reached last.
As Sunil reached the last with his only kid, Sunil is the husband of Sridevi.
∵ Anil is not the husband of Joya.
Raj is Joya’s husband and Anil is Anita’s husband.
- Shanthi arrived third.
- Sunil and Shridevi is the correct pair
- Sunil’s and Anil’s daughters go to the same school
- Raj’s family has more than one kid
Level of difficulty:- East to Moderate
Expected time to solve:- 5 to 8 minutes.
Hope you learnt!
See you with the next one tomorrow!